Arena/Facility Assistant Operator – Full Time and Part Time
- Operate ice resurfacer and/or other specialized equipment, power tools, cleaning and safety equipment, including ice maintenance
- Janitorial, building, and indoor field house duties
- General building maintenance, including building repairs (painting, etc.)
- Setting up/taking down equipment for special events
- Assume responsibility for the safe operation of the facility during a scheduled shift
- Follow established preventive maintenance repairs
- Preparing field house for rentals, moving nets, goal posts, and netting
- Basic snow shovelling on exit doors
Certifications, Memberships, Licenses:
- Current standard First Aid/CPR certificate (preferred or must obtain upon employment)
This position will work both indoors and outdoors.
Police check requirements
Because of the environment this position will be working in, the successful candidate will be required to furnish an original Police Information Search (criminal reference check) (working with vulnerable persons) prior to commencement of employment.
Essential physical and/or safety requirements:
- Safety shoes are required to be worn at all times
- Walking: frequent balancing; constant walking on level surface
- Sitting: frequent sitting in a vehicle seat
- Reaching: frequent reaching below shoulder, forward, handling (maintenance work)
- Standing: frequent standing inside (customer service, daily maintenance work)
- Climbing: frequent climbing stairs (maintenance work)
- Experience/knowledge of arena facility operations (including ice resurface machine experience, i.e. Zamboni, etc.) an asset
- Previous maintenance experience in electrical, plumbing, heating, and ventilation systems would be an asset
- Possess or in the process of obtaining a high school graduation diploma or equivalent education (i.e. GED certificate)
- General custodial work experience (changing light bulbs, sweeping, cleaning rest rooms, waste removal, windows, woodwork, etc.)
- Previous experience with custodial/janitorial duties and building maintenance preferred
- Basic computer skills
Cafe Staff – part time
The Café worker will ensure the quality of food preparation and service meets and exceeds East Hants Sportsplex’s standards on the daily basis.
- Ensure the quality of food preparation and service of food meets the East Hants Sportsplex’s standards on the daily basis.
- Communicate in a strong, effective and polite manner with all clients.
- Ensure all sanitation and safety standards are adhered to.
- Ensure cleanliness and hygiene are maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure a high standard of freshness.
- Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on the daily and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Take an active role in the production and presentation of all food products to maintain the best quality food style possible while adhering to menu specifications.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and positive manner.
- Practice positive strategies to motivate fellow staff, encourage self-esteem and efficiency.
- Practice proper grooming, personal hygiene, and uniform standards.
- Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Adhere to all East Hants Sportsplex Guidelines, Policies, Rules and Regulations.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safe guidelines.
- Understanding of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of restaurant operational procedures.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and quality conscious.
- Ability to work flexible work schedule, weekends and holidays will be required, as well as mornings and evenings.
All position are start dates are flexible.
To Apply: please email resume to General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org